Head of Wills, Probate & Inheritance Division
Bringing a unique blend of energy and experience to the firm is Tara Connolly. Tara was admitted to practice in 2009 and joined the team at Valenti Lawyers in 2013.
Consistently achieving and developing her skill set, it was only natural that Tara was promoted to Head of two divisions at Valenti Lawyers in 2017 namely, Head of Wills, Probate & Inheritance and also Head of Rural Assets and Succession Planning.
Tara’s workload and experience is very extensive and includes, but is not limited to:
- preparing both simple and complex Wills including testamentary trusts;
- preparing enduring powers of attorney, enduring powers of guardianship and advance health directives;
- preparing farm business succession deeds;
- reviewing and amending trust deeds;
- assisting executors to apply for, and obtain, Grants of Probate or Letters of Administration of intestate estates from The Supreme Court of Western Australia;
- liaising with clients’ existing advisors, including accountants and financial planners to achieve an individual business and family succession plan;
- attending to estate administration; and
commencing and defending claims commenced pursuant to the Family Provision Act 1972 (WA).
Tara also plays a pivotal role in the firms Business & Growth Protection, Property and Town Planning and Finance Security Services divisions. Tara’s experience includes:
- property conveyancing
- preparing leases and associated documents
- advising property managers in their dealings with tenants;
- preparing default and termination notices;
- preparing shareholders’ agreements;
- commencing and defending claims;
- preparing joint venture agreements;
- preparing and reviewing corporate terms and conditions; and
- property advice.
Tara brings an extensive wealth of knowledge to her clients.
Outside of Valenti Lawyers, Tara has actively contributed to the legal industry throughout many roles including prominent positions such as:
Committee Member for The Law Society of Western Australia (2015 – 2017)
Committee Member of Women Lawyers of Western Australia (2013 – 2015)